Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection

In 1961 the dock area was upgraded, the freighter Queenston was stripped and sunk in place as a dock.

Black and white photo and specifications text is from the Fr. Edward J. Dowling, S.J. Marine Historical Collection

Queenston, 1927-1965

Original Name: Lachinedoc.
Other Names: Lachinedoc, 1927-1947.
Owner: Bob-Lo Ferry Company, Ltd., 1961-1965, Canada, Ontario, Windsor
Builder: Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson., 1927, United Kingdom, Great Britian, Sunderland
Engine Builder: McColl & Pollock., 1927
Year Built: 1927
Year Engine Built: 1927
Final Disposition: Reduced to foundation and facing for new dock on Canadian side of Bob-Lo Island, Detroit River, in Fall, 1961.
Remarks: Lachinedoc was owned by Canada, Panama, Great Britian, and the United States, however, there is no record of changes in the registry number. The name was changed to Queenston when Canada reacquired the ship. There is evidence of an official name change to Boblodock, when the ship became a dock for the Canadian side of Bob-Lo Island.
Registry Number: C. 149430
Hull Number: 1311
Vessel Type: Bulk freighter
Length: 252.8 ft.
Width: 43.4 ft.
Height: 17.9 ft.
Gross Tonnage: 1976 t.
Net Tonnage: 1137 t.
Materials: Steel
Engine Type: Triple expansion
Piston #1: 15 in.
Piston #2: 25 in.
Piston #3: 40 in.
Stroke Length: 33 in.